Monday, September 18, 2006

Q & A

Q: What is Revelator?

A: e-chapbooks for the masses.

Q: What the hell does that mean?

A: I'll level with you. We know some people. These people write. Good stuff. It's really hard to get things published (yeah, I know, cry me a river), so we're going to put some of this stuff out there. Free.

Q: Free?

A: Sure, the first one is always free.

Q: What's the catch?

A: No catch. We're betting that you'll like it, and you'll come back to read more.

Q: So this is like one of those record club things, where you'll start mailing me stuff I don't want, and charge me if I don't return it?

A: Nope. We're not in it for the money. We want to get people talking, and maybe if enough people get talking, or the right people in the right places, then maybe you'll see some of these people in Poetry, or The New Yorker, or on the new release table in your local bookstore. You can buy stuff then.

Q: Real publication? You think these people are that good?

A: Who am I, Harold Bloom? These people are good writers. Read them. Tell them what you like and don't like.

Q: Tell them? This thing is interactive?

A: This is a blog, isn't it? Join the 21st century.

Q: How do I keep up?

A: Subscribe to our rss feed (http://revelatorpress.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default). You can keep an eye on the discussion there, and we'll post original work, in PDF form, every four to six weeks or so.

Q: Anything else?

A: Yeah. Tell your friends.

No comments: